Pages


Monday, December 3, 2012

Season 8, Episode 9: "Lobster Crawl"

"I realized that I'm searching...searching for what I really want in life, and you know what? I have absolutely no idea what that is."-Barney
Hey guys, sorry I'm late for the second week in a row. I had other stuff going on and was unable to watch the episode until now. However, it means ya'll will be getting a pretty nice review, so I hope you don't mind too much. 
My feelings about this episode are very mixed. I think it had a nice balance between the sweet and the funny, but some stuff I did find pretty stupid. But that's what this is for, right? So I'm just going to dive into it. 

Ted, I think was a really minor part of this. In this season, he has really only been there to look pathetic and do nothing with his life. He is the TV equivalent of me. I seriously think he should just go on the bachelor and be done with it because seeing him watch Marshall and Lily in agony is starting to get downright depressing. 

Marshall didn't do a whole lot, he was really just a crutch for Lily, who did a lot more than usual here. I like her being a good friend to Robin, though I wish she shipped Swarkles as hard as I do. Plus, the lesbian stuff was pure Lily. I loved it. I am proud of the HIMYM writers with this. 

Robin was Tedding-up a little bit here (IE: to overthink with disastrous results) with her quest for Barney. I feel like the writers could have done a better job with it, as much as I like flirty Robin. I don't know, I'm conflicted as far as this goes.

Barney was really where the writers stunk up the place. I am sorry, and you can disagree with me all you want, but I just do not believe that Barney could find it in his heart to tell Robin no with so little emotion. Sure, he said he was done with her, but that is obviously not true. I was mega disappointed in the way his characters was approached tonight. And the thing with Patrice is just too stupid for me to wrap my head around. I am so done. 

GREATEST MOMENTS:
-Marshall and Lily finally caved into drinking with their baby at a bar...I mean a restaurant which happens to have a bar...
- Barney still cries over ruined ties. 
-At first, I didn't think the Bro-Bibs thing was cool at all, but now I'm kind of on board. Hell, I'd invest in it at this point...until they got sued by Dude-Aprons.
-The lobster thing scared me.
-Flirty Robin
-Robin has conversations with herself in her head! Thank God I'm not the only one!
-"Ted you're half naked and you are not any of these kid's parents. Do not give them candy."
-The crawling thing. Poor Marshall and Lily. And the Santa visits.

-Bro-Bibs for women! Bitch-Bibs!
-Callback to the Playbook!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be patient! Just two weeks left! It's all Barney's last game!