Pages


Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Season 6, ep. 7: Canning Randy

Wow, i actually liked this episode, which is surprising since i really wasn't a fan of "Rebound Bro." I thought it was funny and amusing, and I'm still pretty curious to see how things pan out between Ted and Jennifer Morrison's character, Zoey.
So, i think a big part of the episode was about Ted. Nice hot dog costume, i almost got one of those for my dog this year.  So, just as he was really becoming close with his class, someone has to come in and screw it up. Poor guy. At least he found an effective way to deal with it. Loved the car alarm callback from season 2 ("Lucky Penny"). To me, Zoey doesn't seem like a very good fit for Ted anyway, so I'm not really happy shes even part of the story.




So, Marshall. His no firing people rule has finally come to an end. I don't blame him, one of the most unlikable people in my midst is named Randy, so that made this episode more enjoyable for me...but damn that happy ending for him. I'm kidding, I really liked the beer thing. Also, I liked how Randy tore apart Marshall's office trying to get fired. Sometimes it was kind of lame, but i did laugh.
And finally, Robin. I had a good laugh when I saw the "boats boats boats" commercial. I actually do find the Becky character funny. But, i really didn't think the commercial Robin did was all that hilarious. I don't know, maybe I just don't have a good sense of humor. I id find her doing the walk of shame funny though. Also, the dialogue between Lily and Robin at the booth (Robin: "It was Bill Pepper." Lily: Any chance you and Bill had a three way with Fork Napkin?") made me laugh.
So, all in all, I really liked this episode. Well rounded, funny, very interesting.
Thoughts? 

No comments: