Pages


Sunday, August 7, 2011

Season 6, ep. 20: The Exploding Meatball Sub

May I just start by saying that the person responsible for this episode, is the same guy who wrote the worst episodes in HIMYM history. This includes "The Wedding Bride" and "Slapsgiving II: Return of the Slap." So, as soon as I heard that, my hopes were completely crushed. I knew this episode would not be one of the best. And, I was right.
This episode had absolutely nothing to do with the show whatsoever. It was very season 5-ish. I don't understand why they don't just fire that writer, Stephen Lloyd, because he sucks. It gave us no clues, there was nothing valuable, AND it wasn't very creative.
I will say this though, they've been throwing some pretty heavy episodes at us lately so I guess everyone needed this. Though I don't understand why they keep picking on Barney. Gove the guy a break, he doesn't have much going for him these days.




You know what, I lied. This episode did give us a possible clue. The last scene, ten years later, everyone has a wedding ring on except Robin and Barney. This sparked tons of theories. One was that Barney and Robin get married, but choose not to use wedding rings. The other was that neither of them ever end up married which is kind of a sad ending. Ted was wearing a wedding ring, though, so it really doesn't make sense.
Anyway. Thoughts on "The Exploding Meatball Sub?"

No comments: