I thought tonight's episode was really funny. It was mainly a filler, but it was a really good one. When I saw it was written by CT&CB I knew we were in for a treat, although CT&CB normally don't do fillers very well (The Burning Beekeeper for instance).
I loved how it brought up Beercules again (from The Naked Truth) & the ducky tie again (from, ironically, The Ducky Tie) I love how the writers intertwine all the storylines.
What Was Good
- The rereturn with Beercules! Finally we get to see the flashforward from The Naked Truth.
- Robin and Ted going to Marshall & Lily's baby shower early and late to avoid each other.
- Barney's rant at Grandma Lois.
- Condolence high fives.
- Everyone turning into Robin in Ted's mind.
- Barney after Ted tries online dating.
- Marshall using a watermelon as a fake baby.
- Barney's letter to Quinn (Have sex up against the window and make up?)
- The stripper cage conversation.
- The ducky tie!!
- Marshall needing subtitles when he speaks.
- Lily is finally having the baby!
What Was Bad
- The episode ended abruptly and on a cliffhanger & we have to wait two weeks for me
- Ted: "She got you the red stroller? Looks like I just "blue" her out of the water!"
- Lily: "You 2 keep fighting, just as long as all the expensive gifts keep coming."
- Barney: "Everyone thinks stripping is verging on prostitution...or actual prostitution."
- Barney: "Laying low as in sleeping with a really short chick? You guys doing 39?"
- Ted: "Don't set me up with one of Quinn's stripper friends." Barney: "I won't." Ted: "C'mon! How many hints do I have to drop?"
- Ted: "I will never, ever, ever...use online dating." Future Ted: "That night I tried online dating.
- Barney: "I love the fact the you're a stripper...but I hate the fact that you're a stripper"
- Ted: "So what's your name?" Robyn: "Robyn. With a Y." Ted: "Oh, Yobin."
- Lily: "I need some peace and quiet and now that its out there spaghetti! Now help me off the couch so I can storm out!"
- Barney: "Our Robin has 2 eyes my friend, but that's good. You're forgetting what she looks like - good job buddy."
- Ted: "You never made lasagne! That was a botched koogle (how do you spell that?) that you poured cheese on!" Robin: "I didn't say it was good lasagne."
- Robin: "Why are you doing this? Dating a girl with tattoos all over her arms...and body - does that dragon tattoo go all the way dow-ooh it does."
- Worker: "Mr. Stinson? Does this mean that I can keep my job?" Barney: "Yeah, you can stay."
- Ted: "I'm just having a good time. And thanking god I didn't grow that moustache."
- Ted: "Wayne had no manners - Wayne manor - Bruce Wayne - batman - batman and..." Robin: "Hey Ted."
- Third date: "And that's the story of my only lesbian experience."
- Marshall: "There's gonna be this one guy saying all these baby facts and interrupting all the time thinking hes an expert...and you are gonna be sitting next to him so get ready for that."
- Marshall: "Where are we?" Barney: "Atlantic City baby! Well in 14 miles..."
- Marshall: "What did you do to the practice baby?!? And is there any left?"
- Marshall: "When you aren't busy, could you bring over 100 shots of tequila please?" Barney: "I'll have the same."
- I thought Ted moving out of the apartment was him moving on. Why is he still obsessed?"
Anyway, that's all from me. I thought this was a very funny episode. It was mainly a filler but it was a good filler that also moved on quite a bit of story. 8.5/10